- Where we’ll be when on the Hudson River
As you know we are busy preparing our journey on the […]
- Furgary Boat Club & Shantytown [VIDEO]
In the city of Hudson, known to tourists for its antique shops and fine dining, a cluster of century-old fishing shacks from the Hudson River estuary’s once prosperous shad fishery teeters on the waterfront.
- BBC Slow Radio – Life on a shanty boat [AUDIO]
A 20-minute watery odyssey - idling down the Tennessee River with the best thunderstorm in a tin shack you are ever going to hear... and some frogs…
- BBC Outlook – Building my own ‘shanty boat’ [AUDIO]
Wes Modes has spent the last few summers sailing along the great rivers of north America, collecting stories from the people who live on their banks. Wes travels in his homemade houseboat - or shanty boat - called Dotty.
- BBC Between The Ears – The Shanty Boat [AUDIO]
In a rich tapestry of watery atmosphere, frustration, intimacy, fear and pleasure, we hear a slipping, sliding adventure, where the smell of pancakes, the slap of water and the smoke of cigars wafts over the waters of Americas great rivers.