First off, now that the boat is upright, I made Hazel a ramp so she can go in and out of the boat while I’m working.
Next, I put the front deck on. There are probably things I need to do under there that would be easier without the deck, but my excitement trumps good planning. I know I still need to bolt in the motor well/mount, so the back deck stays off for now.
If you are following this blog, you’ve read through the stressful process of using epoxy resin to adhere the boat members together, so I’ll skip the narrative blow by blow. Just remember, dealing with epoxy is like defusing a ticking time bomb.
So having our first deck on the boat allows Hazel and I to enjoy a much deserved sunny lay-about.