Oh god, at the end of every work day when we are high-fiving each other, we are always marveling at just how much more boatlike the boat looks. But today, for reals, at the end of the work day, the boat doesn’t just look boatlike — technically if you dropped it in the water, it would actually float for several minutes. Today, we attach the hull ends.
We start by beveling the edge of the bottom sheeting.
And since we are cutting up two perfectly good pieces of plywood with complicated angles, we draw a picture to help us.
We cut our first cut along the edge and our second cut after we snap a chalk line. After that, we check for fit and, magic! It fits.
We had already put on a first coat of thin epoxy. Now I needed to thick coat and screw the ends. I think I did this epoxy work alone, which might have been a first. So I was a little busy and didn’t take a hundred intermediate photos.
However, when done, I took celebratory photos from almost every angle.
Again, screws every 3 inches on the edges and 6 inches in the field. That’s a couple hundred screws.
So at the end of this day, if the boat were flipped over and plopped in a pond, it would float for several minutes before slowly settling to the bottom. Exciting.